Friday, January 27, 2012

thankfulness.



    “Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.” -Psalm 107:1
    “They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.” -Psalm 145:7 
    I am thankful for Canaan Children’s home. For the songs of JOY to the King that the children sing so naturally from the bottom of their hearts, for the strength that flows out of brokenness, for the healing that redeems their pasts, for the Lord that rules in their hearts. I am thankful for the eyes that see Light and Hope in darkness, and aren’t blind and inwardly focused like mine. I am thankful for Pastor Isaac and his obedience to the Lords calling on his life.
    I am thankful for the letters that they wrote to us. I am overwhelmed by the response and amazed, once again by these kids. I will post some of the letters on this website- they will make your day.
    Today I laughed at myself. I started this project thinking that I could in some way return the joy that these children poured into my life in the little time I spent with them in January. True joy comes from the Holy Spirit that flows and shines through His beautiful creation. He is the sweetest most everlasting joy that can be spread. He lives and shines through those kids and THAT is a joy that can never be diminished. There is nothing good within me or my intentions besides Him. To HIM be all the glory. He is the bringer of joy.
    “Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power
    and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
    for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
    Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom;
    you are exalted as head over all. -1 Chronicles 29:11

    No comments:

    Post a Comment